J-Pop Dance Dance Revolution

Discussion in 'Music' started by Quistis, Oct 2, 2003.

1. Quistis

Quistis New Member

DDR - Butterfly

OMG!! I CANT STOP LISTENING TO THIS SONG!!! :dizzy2: :D

It goes I I I I'm your little Butterfly. I just love it. Has anyone heard of it? I would like to know more about this group DDR they seem cool. Does anyone know anything?

2. Novus

Novus Gone

That song is freakin' infectious. I heard it at an arcade a couple weeks ago and can't get it out of my head no matter how I try. And I've never even heard the full song ...
    DDR has some kickin' tracks. I just wish the in-game announcers weren't stuck in the seventies.

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Let me clear it all up... DDR is the name of the game series, "Butterfly" is the name of the song, and Smile.dk is the name of the performer. Yeah, that's a trippy name! She also does Bumble Bee which I like about as much as Butterfly. She also sings Petit Love, which is pretty bubble-gummy poppish so I don't like it as much, but you might like it.

Smile.dk kinda reminds me of Aqua, if you remember that europop group. It's too embarassing to mention "Barbie Girl," but I liked some of their other songs. I really liked "My Oh My." "Aquarius" is a slow, serious ballad, but I like it cuz that's my sign!

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I'm listening to Ecstacy right now, tehre are a lot of DDR songs I like but they don't compare to songs from Initial D in my opinion..

Here are my fave songs from DDR:

Shooting Star
    Drop the Bomb
    Butterfly
    Boom Boom Fire(I swear that's the laugh from Initial D(Vicky Vale) - Dancing 1:21 minutes in)
    Young Forever
    Dynamite Rave

I remember dancing on the DDR machine at an arcade near my house.. I sucked so horribly at it. I need to find my groove..

5. Miko

Miko New Member

i like butterfly too. and i also like the bumblebee song....*starts singing to self* sweet little bumblebee i know what you want from me. dododododo dada dododododo dada.

6. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Captain Jack
    Butterfly
    Bumble Bee
    Dam Darian

Most of these are from the original I believe. I thought they were really good anyhow. Havn't heard much of the new ones.

7. Alla Bloom

Alla Bloom New Member

M-Mr. Wonderful

A song that really nails me is Mr. Wonderful. It is so haunting! It's even worse if you have seen G.I.R dancing to it...AHHHHH!!

HEY MR. WONDERFUL!

*bangs head against desk*

8. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Dance dance revolution = Evil

They should really make that "Mosh mosh revolution" like in Megatokyo

9. Novus

Novus Gone

That'd be cool. The only time I dance is in the pit. And that's more like kicking *** than dancing.

10. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Re: M-Mr. Wonderful

Ooh na na, heya heya, Oh Mr. Wonderful.
    Ooh na na, heya heya, Are you for real?
    Ooh na na, heya heya, It's not impossible.

Love Smile.dk's Butterfly, Mr. Wonderful, and Dancing All Alone. Naoki rocks, too.

And pay attention to seraphinx who summed it all up. DDR is the game series, which encompasses various artists and remixes. They've made good choices, but be careful not to discredit the artists...I'm slightly being hypocritical here, still having tracks labeled as simply "Initial D" for artist. A little harder to find the artist names there, though...

Never even seen a DDR machine, actually. But I have been grooving to many tunes featured on it for a while now.

11. Novus

Novus Gone

Re: Re: M-Mr. Wonderful

They've got a Japanese one at the UoW student life centre. We're practically neighbours. We should go. Of course, you can do the dancing. I'll just stand there and beat people at Street Fighter.

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Yeah, we've got a machine at my college, too. My personal favorite songs are Butterfly, Sandstorm, and the one song that's a really old (like midieval) song remix, I don't know its name. That seems to be a trend for me with music. Oh, well. They're still sweet.

13. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

You mean classical songs that are remixed? Some of those are pretty good. I have some mp3's of those kinds of songs (although some are not from dancing games).

There's a DDR USA at my university's Gamesroom. Although that's pretty old, people still play it. (I heard that when they first bought the machine, the Gamesroom was packed for hours at lunch time.)

14. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

I LOVE DDR!!

There is a machine at one of the hotels in our city, and I went there once, got on it, and played for an hour.

I can honestly whoop butt in DDR!

The music is good, but dancing with the music is even better. I am gonna get one of those dance pads for home, that game is way too addictive and it's acutally a form of exercise, which is a plus!

15. Fushigi Rockna

What was that one DDR song I can't get out of my head? Ummmm... Moonlight Shadow. yeah that's it.

Yeah Butterfly is addicting. T-T It drives me nuts nowadays tho...

Tho, has anyone else heard of Para Para Paradise? it's like DDR but you have you imitate the moves they're doing on the screen. :dizzy2:

16. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

DDR is a cool game this year was the first time i played it and it was very addictive. Loved the songs you had to dance to too.

17. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Not really. I'd say it's not like DDR cuz it's a dancing game where you use your hands and arms rather than your feet. And it's different cuz all the songs are para-para music, including eurobeat music (even has songs from Initial D).

18. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

I can't stop listening to breakdown and dream a dream

19. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

Re: DDR - Butterfly

First of all it goes- Ay ay ay I'm your little butterfly

Secondly- Dance Dance Revolution is NOT a band! Dance Dance Revolution is a dancing game! It's cool, really- you stand on a platform and choose your song, and on the screen it tells you what dance steps to perform. If ya don't dance, ya lose.

20. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Re: Re: DDR - Butterfly

Technically if you dont dance right you lose......if it was like that i would always win. cuz i would dance and still not know what im doing.