Music Turkish??

Discussion in 'Music' started by Zanza, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I doubt that this thread will get any replies, and if it will I doubt it will get more that 1 or 2 :p , but I am willing to take that "chance" to show my love towards Turkish songs, now, I heard only one singer called "Tarkan" and yesterday I bought his 2nd album -probably there are more, but it's the 2nd for me.

Now, the great thing about Turksih songs is that they simply rock!! I mean, it makes you want to dance everytime you hear it!!
    But to my mom, she rather me hearing them because they are closer to arabic songs which I hate, because it simply sucks. All it talks about is love, love, and, hmm, lets see, what do you know!! it talks about love too!! --;

You can tell that I like dancing songs that I have no clue what they are talking about, japanese for example ;P

For Tarkan, I think his song "Sikidum" made hime popular, if you ever heard of it :)

2. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

YES!! I LOVE you, Zanza!!! My mom is from Turkey and both she and the rest of our family think Tarkan rocks as well! I've seen him live in Istanbul and he was ten times better than almost any other performer I've ever seen in my life. What other songs of his do you like, Zanza? Simarik and Sikidim are the songs that got him big, but I know of at least a dozen other songs of his that rock as well.

On that note, are there any other Turkish singers that you like? There are old-fashioned folk singers like Orhan Gencebay, other pop singers like Sertab (Who won the Eurovision contest last year, which if you're unaware is basically a Europe-wide version of American Idol), and there's even a popular Turkish rapper named Nefret.

It's really fantastic to hear from someone else on this board who likes Turkish music. :)

3. Zanza

Staff Member

wow.. I am, simply, shoked!! :D AND HAPPY!! :D

And no, I only know Tarkan :(
    is "dudu" his 2nd album or are there others??

And I'd appreciate it if you can lead me to an english site for him, since his site is in turkish ^^;

4. lil washu y2k

lil washu y2k New Member

my mums best friends husband is turkish, when i went to turkey i was dancing to a tarkan song! lol its called simark or something.. its been released in english by holly valance. hey.. we got no points on this eurovision, dont diss! but we did come third in juniour eurovision this year! lol yay! lol :catgirl:

5. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Ack! I'm so sorry I took so long to respond, Zanza. I completely forgot about this thread. :) Anyway, Dudu is actually Tarkan's fourth album, but it's his first since 2001 so a lot of Turks and Europeans were looking forward to it.

And I know of no English Tarkan sites, unfortunately. Although if you're into Kazaa or file-sharing in general, you should be able to get a bunch of his songs. If you need help finding his best ones, I'd be glad to help. ;)

6. Zanza

Staff Member

heh, me myself forgot about this :p

And thanx for your reply, and any help for his best songs is very appreciated ^^