Music What charges your adrenaline?

Discussion in 'Music' started by seraphinx, Oct 16, 2003.

?

What kind of music gets you hyped?

1. Mainstream, "Top 40" dance hits are enough to get me charged up.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Music with a fast, powerful, constant beat that matches my heartbeat, like trance or techno.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Something with a bumpin' rhythm and hardcore gangstah rapping.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Happy-sounding, "bubble gum" pop music.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Powerful, full symphony orchestra or classical music.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Music with electric guitars & demonic voices, like hard rock or death metal.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Catchy melodies with old skool dynamic beats, like freestyle or street jams.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Any beat/style, with that "battle" type of melody.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  9. A hybrid type of music combining two or more of the ones mentioned above.

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  10. No music has that effect on me.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

What kind of music gets you really hyped up? I'm talking about the kind of music that hits you with fiery adrenaline, makes your heartbeat pound like crazy, opens your eyes wide like a demon, maybe even make you a lil angry, and makes you wanna get up and DO something! :anger: For some of you, it's music that makes you wanna get up and bust out your moves in front of all the wanna-be dancers. For others, it's racing music that fuels your concentration as you smoke that other car on the highway. So what kind of "battle music" activates your energy?

2. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Things like Tool, Rage Against The Machine, and some of the stuff from The Fragile by Nine Inch Nails would do it for me, I voted for a hybrid.

Or The Object by MC Honky.

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I got the idea from comparing streetracing music from Japan to America. It seems that in Japan, they like eurobeat music (like in the anime/game "Initial D"). It's pretty cool cuz the beat is fast, the melodies are catchy and serious, and really gives a sense of speed. But in American racing games/events/movies, they seem to like rap/rock music instead. They even change the music in racing videogames when released in the USA.

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Anything loud and angry will get my blood pumping. Things like Alice in Chains, AC/DC, Smashing Pumpkins etc. Whenever I hear that stuff I just want to go out and DESTROY and KILL. Sometimes I will just go outside in my darkest most gothic clothing and walk around at 1:00 in the morning with my cd player and headphones and just wait for a fight.

It hasn't happened yet, nobodys even gone near me. Though I have made entire gangs cross the street or change their seatson a subway car. Sometimes I put on Red contacts for added effect.

All this from music.

5. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I like a lot of music, but the music I use for a rush would be metal and hard rock. I just get really pissed off at this damn world so I listen to music that is hard. The music I listen to depends on my mood and most of the time i am angry and sad so I mostly listen to Linkin park or Disturbed. Anything loud. I sometimes just feel like screaming!!!! So I sing with the music :shy3:

6. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Fer me its all stuff to go with my mood...if im in a good mood..NIN if im in a GO THE H#LL away mood...then probly Rammstien...but if im just being me...ummm just about anything...lol

>Misao<

7. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Interesting... I listen to Rammstein when I'm in a GOOD mood...

I chose the one about the beat you can dance to. 'Cuz I listen to what I like, which is a lot. :p

8. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

No Music has any effect on me, hahahahahahahaha!

9. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Yup, looks like the last choice serves its purpose! :)

10. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Hehehehehehehehe, would this happen to include the techno Star Wars songs I gave you :p ?

Techno is what I would call my happy me music, so if I'm listening to it. It's a good thing b/c that means I am in a good mood. That is also why I choosed the 2 types of music vote.

11. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

Ok guys here is some real adrenaline pumping music with a lot less shouting which I keep hearing in more new metal bands.
    It has to be ”Pantera” if im playing a game I usually whack some of that on it gets me fired up the live album “101 proof” is quality has some amazing songs try “dom/hollow” which is a mix they did of 2 of their songs live on stage.
    “The cowboys from hell” album is the other amazing normal album a must for any adrenaline junkie’s

ltr

12. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

i rarely listen to music do that to me. i usually listen to it for inspiration, but occasionally i'll put on Kamelot's Karma or Sonata arctica. Some of Marillions earlier stuff will do it to me as well.
    Reel Big Fish can go down well too sometimes. lol.

kamelot mp3's

13. Billy277

Billy277 New Member

Does anyone love the fast sounds and rocking guitars of heavy metal but hate the angsty lyrics that often go with them? If so, I IMPLORE you to download some of the tracks of the Guilty Gear XX video game soundtrack off Kazaa or whatever you use. Some of the tracks would put Joe Satriani to shame and there are NO lame lyrics! Woo! That's what I use to get the adrenaline going. :)

14. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

i have guilty gear to and it does have a quality soundtrack i didnt know you could dl the songs off it on kazaa (but never tryed looking) i will get em now thanks.
    isnt that a sweet game soem of the moves you can do on it are just insane :D
    anyway i got to get back to searching for those songs
    ltr

sry and forgot to add just before i think reel big fish kick *** 2 my fav song of thers has to be their remake of "hungry like a wolf"
    brilliance

15. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I hardly ever listen to any heavy metal, but yeah, when I first heard the songs for the first Guilty Gear game, I thought "brah, heavy metal in a fighting game is pretty nuts!" Plus I think it matched the atmosphere of the game too. I liked the songs "Writhe in Pain" (Milia's stage) and "Suck a Sage." I can't remember the songs for GGX or GGXX though.

16. Novus

Novus Gone

I can be entirely song-specific on this one. Alive and Well by Rise Against. Of course, I couldn't have voted for anything like that because PUNK ROCK WAS IGNORED IN THE POLL!
    Otherwise, anything I could just pound someone/thing to. Techno, metal, uh ... classic rock, mostly anything powerful. Carl Orff's O Fortuna does it for me every time.