Music What is Music to you?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Odango_rose, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

Music means so much to me. I know there are other ppl who feel the same way. I couldn't go on living my life the way I do with out it. Because music is like my souls air.

I was wondering what music means to all of my fellow anime lovers, and anyone who loves music.

2. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i grew up with loads of it, since my dad and mom really like rock, so i got lots of that as a kid...i couldn't stand to be without...was the only downside to the bookstore i worked at:no background music....lol iwould go stir crazy, or actually start humming/singing with out it...

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

To me, it's gotten to the point that I can't really drive without SOMETHING blasting. It also usually affects my style. Listen to something smooth, and I usually drive casually or dress nicely. Listen to something upbeat/rock/whatever's fast, and I'm just dressed to "chill" and go "little ol' granpa from asuza" (song ref. don't blame me for spasms).

But honestly, music is always in the background. Can't go 30 seconds with at least one darned song through my head. It helps amplify my mood, in a good or bad way, depending. It helps me relax (trance does a very good job of that, getting me to sleep and such...:sweat2: ) I dunno....just...umm...MUSIC ROCKS. Amen.

4. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

this is kool. I love hearing about the way music affects the way you are. Its great.

I know the feeling I always have on in my head to.

5. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Music is energy and emotions made manifest... it is life.

I feel music is one of the greatest forms of expression a person has and I could never live without music...

6. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i like music it give's my mind a break..music is so relaxing...

7. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Music is my life, I can't sleep without it, nor can I go anywhere without it. I'd die without music...:bleed:

8. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

I love music, It allways affects what I draw, write and even think...

9. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

seeing how i can't really express how i feel i do it through music.
    and it is my out from this world. i play sad when i feel sad.
    without music i would be a walking brick wall emtionally sick.
    and it helps me lose weight. that makes me really happy!:D

10. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Music is very important. If I didn't have it, I'd say it's pretty likely that I'd kill a few people. Not that they don't deserve it... Maybe I should stop listening to music, so I can kill them without any qualms.

11. rei

rei New Member

almost everything it seems. it gave me friends and comforts me when theyre not there. it help you fall in love, then helps you after youve lost it. it inspires me. and feeds my creativity and fires my ambitions. my life would be terrible with out music. to dance to. to buy. to see live. to talk bad about. to be call my song or our song. to create myself. i couldnt do any of that with out it. i know it value. and i never forget it. even if my perferrences dont match.. hehe.

*heart* rei

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

wao ^^

I like all the responses :)

To me, well music has played kind of a big role in my life. When I was young I always played the piano and my dad is a huge fan of Classical music so I grew up with Beethoven, and Bach, and then the pop music that my mom always listened to as well. But when I listen to music it always seems to affect me in some way, and reflects how I feel at that time. Like when I need to relax I put on some Maaya Sakamoto music, or when I'm hyper I put on some Initial D or para para mixes ;) But music is almost like air to me, and even moreso, I love to sing!! I'm currently in my school's choir as a bass and it just seems to make me happy. And well sometimes it reminds me of bad things too... like the stupid RIAA taking down my anime radio station (grrrrrrrr).

13. Yonaki

Yonaki New Member

I love music. They're usually my inspiration for writing. I couldn't live a day without some music. If I'm in a place where there's no music, then I would just start singing a song in my head. :)

14. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

Music...is my life. I can't go a day without listening to it. I honestly think it is a vital part in most everyone's everyday life. It doesn't matter where u go really, you're going to hear it. Radio and such. It really is a lovely, creative thing that lets you feel and is an overall enjoyable thing. Let us hope the music never dies. :)

15. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

i love music! It makes me relaxed and happy. When i wanna forget my problems its what i go to. I play alot of intruments so i love making music as well

16. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

music is everything to me. I don't know what i would do if i something wasn't blasting in my ears... i would probably go insane.:dizzy2:

17. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

Well i love music it is very much a big part of my life, as long as its not prepackaged bullsh*t that makes pop stars famous.And rap really bugs me because, the majority of it is about humpin women,smokin weed ,and rims.

18. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

Well I guess like everyone else here music is a large part of my life and has hugly influenced who I am.

I'm either listening to music or in silence(sometimes there's people talking but I try to keep that to a minimum).
    I'm pretty selective about my music. I will absolutly not listen to the radio unless I have to. Music on the radio is dire and I would rather the silence.

I can't let music just be a background thing. You miss out on so much if would don't pay attention to the music.
    Not analysing the music, but just sitting back, relaxing and listening to it and nothing else.
    And if I'm up to it and no one is around, singing along to it is cool.