Music What kind of dance/night clubs for you?

Discussion in 'Music' started by seraphinx, Oct 29, 2003.

?

What dance club do you like or want to go to?

1. A steamy, bumpin' club that plays mostly booty/rap music.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Popular club that plays a variety of music (Top 40 hits).

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. A homosexual-friendly club (or the day of the week when the club has gay night)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Club with electronic music, like jungle, drum N bass, techno, trance.

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. An all-out Rave! Lotsa E 4 Me!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. A ragin' rock show where everywhere is a moshpit!

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Don't need a club, just a lil concert where we sit and watch.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. Salsa, cha-cha, rhumba... a hot Latin dance club!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  9. Forget the dress-code, cuz this is a bubbly, FOAM-party club!

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  10. School dances are cool enough.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

If you've been clubbing, what kind did you go to that you either liked or was okay with? Or, if you're not old enough to go clubbing, what kinda club do you wish you could go to someday?

There are actually a lot of different clubs out there, but I could only put 10 choices for the poll. If you have a different club, be sure to describe what it's like.

I've been to clubs that play mostly Top40 hits (popular music aired on radio stations), and to community dances that play a lot of reggae/island music. Nowadays I go to ones that play mostly booty/rap (once in a while they throw in a few techno, reggae, or pop songs). I still wanna try going to a techno club; doesn't have to be a rave since I don't like drugs, although raves seem pretty cool. And I wanna try a foam-party (which was my choice above) cuz I heard that the bubble/foam can be up to 5 feet deep! That sounds so cool!

2. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I voted for the concert, 'cuz I was never into the whole "club" scene. I never much liked to dance in public. Much better, in my opinion, to sit and imagine you're alone and dance in your head. :cool: Besides, I tend to like concert music better.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

To quote Genesis (the band, not the book), I can't dance.
    I don't go for the whole club thing either. I mean, one minute you're just having a good time and the next there's some girl like five years younger hitting on you. Ewwwww ... that's wrong.
    Anyway, I like the whole rock show deal. Those are the ultimate in music parties. Live band, live crowd, everyone going ****ing nuts and on their feet. Get the adrenaline flowing, get in the pit and go insane. That's where it's at.

4. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

Ive been dragged into a few clubs in my time... & left quicker than the time it took to get me in ^_^.

Letsee the only one remotly good twas... the... Cathouse, alternate rock... unfortunatly im kinda hard of hearing when musics playing... then again it aint so bad when the situation that Novus said happens... "sorry luv, you can fool the bouncer but not me" :/ Funny enough i used to be a bouncer... very breifly though which only resulted in me being placed into more or less the whole list of clubs in that... er list ^_^'

But id have to say Just a good ol gig... mosh pits arent the same as they used to be though & last one, when i saw a GUMBY back away from the pit... well definetly not the same :/

5. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

come on, gay clubs have to be teh win like

think about it

6. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Popular Dance/Night Clubs.....I love those...the blue tattoo, fat cat....oppps...those are some night clubs where I live...there cool...lots of radio sponcers!!lol

Misao

7. Chowmein

Chowmein New Member

A drum and bass club, or a rock club (not many in ireland :() depends what state of "mind" im in :)

8. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

If I did go to clubs, I would probably go to a techno-ish club, cause I don't feel like going to a moshpit.

9. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

MOSH PIT!!:dizzy2:

I love mosh pits and rock so I go to those kind of clubs the most. Besides getting punched is kinda fun especially when you can hit back. Getting kneed in the crotch though....hurts like hell. But anyway I also go to gay bars when I'm in a weird mood, its so fun. And concerts are always nice. But getting angry and letting it all out is even better.

10. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Best club experience ever for me (so far) was going to a London bar with my buddies. Roman and I are not the sort who really like popular alternative music so we sat at the table just being awkward.

Suddenly we noticed a flight of stairs going up. "Hey Roman... let's explore." "Ok."

So, we went up the stairs... to discover a goth bar/club right on top of the normal one.

We were both smiling. A lot. Neither of us are goths but we like some of the gothic techno, everyone was in dark clothing, and the lighting was dark, just the way we like it.

We sat at a table, didn't order drinks, we just relaxed, talked, watched the dancers and had fun. I managed to drag him to the dance floor (no, Im not gay, its just an accomplishment getting Roman to do anything like dancing public) at the end.

About midway through our visit our friends came up looking for us.

Two minutes later they left, feeling drastically out of their element and threatened.

Our going home was even better - we left at 3 AM (actually 4 AM due to daylight savings) without telling our friends, walked home for an hour in the rain and talked about conspiracies.

BEST. CLUBBING. EVER.

11. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

i love going to latin clubs and ones that are theemed! Theres an awesome club downtown that is in the basement of an old warehouse and they have a different theme every week and this week its the 80s... next week its going to be..uh..something... another blonde moment again.

......mags