Music tool

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mordeth, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

whatever i said about faiip de oiiad working well artthe end of the album, it works amazingly as the middle track..

read this link below for more detailed information, if you're a tool fan. it's fascinating stuff.
    http://deepu.eroding.com/board/index.php?showtopic=2185

2. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I read the link you gave us Mordeth, and i was completly blown away. :dizzy2: I never looked at it like that. Pretty awsome!! These guys are definetly genius.

3. Night-Reaper

Night-Reaper New Member

wow did'nt expect to find a tool thread here, Tool Is Awsome!!! in fact im listening to them as i write this post... FAV song is "Third Eye" \m/

4. Dante

Dante New Member

Wow, from the sounds of that not sure you'd like Sonic Youth. ;P Imagine a twenty minute song with only about the equivalent of three minutes being lyrical, the rest being an experimental and alternative mixing of sounds of abusing musical instruments in an orgasmically artistic sense. :D

Anyways... personally, never liked Tool.. heard a few songs on the radio (though from the sound of things I thought they were all the same song, heh).. never really caught any names though.. the one song I remember hearing was.. Anima.. Anema.. as someone suggested it to me. Something like that. That was okay, in a lyrical sense, though I couldn't really enjoy the instrumentals.

5. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

I never expected to find a Tool thread here. I love Tool and APC, although I don't like APC's recent album as much as their first. Tool's lyrics are surprisingly intelligent, and I agree with Lady Death and Dr. Nick about Maynard's hotness. I have a couple of questions I hope someone can answer for me:

1) Where is Maynard from? I noticed he has a bit of an accent when he speaks, but I can't place it.

2) What is the name of the song with the "carrot" sermon? I can't remember which album it was on either. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

6. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Why are you surprised?

And Maynard is from Texas. As for the carrot thing, no idea.

7. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

that's digsustipated , track 10 on undertow

8. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

'S about scientology, don'tcha know.

9. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

well they were playing somewhere and it turned out to be a scientology center and as maynard looked into the crowd and saw all the scientolgists he started baaa'ing like a sheep or something and i think they either perfrmed tihs, or made it in reference.

it's all in the ToolFaq

10. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Ah, and about the Texas thing, not sure if it's right. I got mixed up 'cause one of his first bands was called TeXaNs.

11. Dredz

Dredz Clown With A Frown

Some of the content is quite close to Hubbard's "No Christ" lecture also.

And apperently he was born in Akrion, Ohio.

12. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

Thanks Dredz, Mordeth and Dr. Nick. I'm er, less confused now. And as for the "surprised" thing, chalk it up to a bad choice of words and typing in a hurry.